As I may have mentioned, this week I will be heading to New York for five days with BlogTour NYC where I will be attending the Architectural Digest Home Design Show along with a long (and impressive) list of inspiring events that focuses on learning and will be sure to touch upon every one of my senses. Here is a sampling of some of the adventures I will be embarking on with BlogTour NYC in the next couple of days:
- Floral Arranging Class with Tess Casey, floral designer for movies “Sex and the City” and “The Devil Wears Prada”
- Food Styling and Food Photography Classes with House of Brinson
- Dinner prepared by chef Cedric Vongerichten (offspring of Jean-Georges) at the Miele showroom
- Marys & Mimosas Kickoff event at the Architectural Digest Home Design Show
- Meet with legendary interior designer, Bunny Williams in her Upper East Side shop, Treillage, NYC
- Meet with designer Laura Kirar and styling session with Raina Kattleson and Michele Scotto
- Neal Beckstedt Studio tour
All of these BlogTour NYC events, as well as our travel and expenses are covered by our wonderful sponsors: Blanco, Miele, Prizer Hoods, Rutt Cabinetry, DXV, WestEdge Design Fair, and Modenus. I’ve also been told to expect lots of chocolate and that I would be well hydrated with a plethora of fancy cocktails during my trip. Hmmm…no complaints there!
For those of you unfamiliar with BlogTour, the brainchild of Veronika Miller of Modenus, read about the amazing design trips she leads around the world on her blog.
Be sure to follow along on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #BlogTourNYC as I know I will be busy updating my feeds as we make our way from one event to the other. The last time I lived in NYC was well before the invention of the smartphone, Twitter, and Instagram, so now that I’m back, you can bet your bottom dollar I will taking full advantage of the immediacy of social media. There’s never knowing what might catch my eye walking down the streets of New York, and now I can capture every moment!
And now for the lucky participants – there are 12 of us in all. This past Friday I attended a G+Interior Design Community led Hangout with Nick Kellet of Listly, so I thought I’d give it a go by making my first Listly “list” with all the BlogTour NYC/Architectural Digest Home Design Show participants- enjoy!
[listly id=”GOv” layout=”full”]