I haven’t pulled out “the crayons” for a while, because lately my free moments have been very few and far between. However, I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and whipping up rooms in my head because that’s what creative people do when they appear to be sitting idle – the mind NEVER stops. But what good are those thoughts when you can’t share them with anyone? So last night I cleared my desk (that is a HUGE task, in and of itself), pulled out my supplies, headed over to my online shop to pull some of my favorite things, and let my fingers do the walking so that my drawings could do the talking.
Because I find that most people have a difficult time visualizing things, I figured I’d take the guesswork out of the equation to illustrate how easy it is to put together a room in a flash. Thankfully, with the help of my “crayons” and several other useful things in my bag of tricks, I have the gift of being able to express myself on paper so here goes – the first of many “Room in a Flash” posts to come. Enjoy!
The “Room in a Flash” Shopping List
1. “Crown Wall Art” from Mitchell Black -Vintage etchings are silk screened and appear to float in a lucite frame. A favorite art source for many because of its versatility, and its clean, crisp appearance. Available in 5 motifs and 7 colors. From $100.00
2. “Indochine Octagonal End Table” by Red Egg- A feminine accent table with a little hint of the exotic, this table reminds me of my days living in the tropics. Available in 17 colors. $532.00
3. “Gordon Applique Pillow” by the Piper Collection-Metallic glazed flax and vegan leather. Bold and masculine, this appliqued pillow makes a strong statement. $380.00
4. “Caitlin Pillow” by the Piper Collection – In orange peel. The metallic glazed linen is right on-trend with with the mixed metals and metallic finishes I have been seeing. The sheen on this pillow is out of this world! $170.00
5. “Pineapple Table Lamp” by Stray Dog Designs, paper mache. A little whimsy mixed with glam. Again, I love the touch of metal with the hand rubbed gold finish. And who doesn’t love a pair of pineapples in the living room? $495.00
6. “Garrison Long Sofa” by CR Laine. This transitional silhouette recalls the shape of a traditional wing chair, and is sure to be a classic. The antique brass nailhead trim – subtle but stunning! Special order using a selection of upholstery on hand or customer’s own material (COM) – email for price and details.
7. “Couch Side Chair” by Moore Councill. Classic styling, lots of color choices – need I say more? Available in 20 colors/4 wood finishes, shown in Carrot. $1054.00
8. “Bunching Curio Cabinet” in mahogany with white interior by Moore Councill (also comes in white with mahogany interior) This curio cabinet is one that I’ve had my eye on for quite some time. A modern take on fretwork and the contrast interior give it a polished appearance that will make any space shine. $5038.00
9. “Jameson Leather Cocktail Table” by Interlude Home. This tobacco stained leather wrapped table has a simple silhouette, but is detailed with antique brass hardware and baseball stitching along the seams – the details make the difference. $1700
10. “Gemma lacquer spot table” by Selamat Designs. Small in size but packs some punch with its vibrant color and glossy finish. Available in 4 colors. $440.63
11. “Ojo-En Casa Rug” by Luli Sanchez for Jaipur. The bold, geometric pattern brings movement and fluidity to the room – love the balance of blues and greys. From $128.00
And if you haven’t already, stop by the shop to see all the other fresh and interesting finds – there are a lot!